|Attention Needed - Article Stub|
This particular article is still lacking the necessary information, images, and/or general formatting.
You can assist Ragnarok Wiki by improving it.
Wenche was an old lady who worked as a cashier in the small supermarket in the town of Edda.
In the series
As soon as Magne returns to the city with his family, he helps an old man who was trying to rewire his wheelchair, and the scene was seen by Wenche.
She then approached the young man, and concluded that he is a good person, ran her hand over his forehead, activating Thor's powers within him. Mysterious, she appeared in other scenes releasing phrases like "The hero's journey has already begun".
She crumbles to ash after Ran shoots her with her magic bow and arrow from the Old World. But before she dies, she gives her magic necklace to Wotan Wagner, for him to be inhabited with the powers and spirit of Odin.
Powers and Abilities
- Reawakening: she can awaken the reincarnated gods
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Wenche was capable of turning into an eagle.
- Immortality: Wenche is the seer who saw Völuspá, or the Prophecy of the Seer, the first of Norse mythology, so she is immortal, alive since Norse times, hidden among humans.
Old World Weapons: Being a volva, apparently Wenche can only die if she is wounded with Old World Weapons.
- Everything points to that Wenche represents the seer responsible for Völuspá, or Seer's Prophecy. The first record of Ragnarok is the poem Völuspá published in the book Edda Poética , written in the 13th century. In the text, the seer relates her prophecy about the catastrophic event to Odin, considered the main god in Norse mythology. A great indication that she is the psychic is the fact that she accompanies the mysterious lord with one eye, who represents Odin himself (we will give more details about him below!). In addition, for a specific scene in the series, we believe that the character also personifies the mythological Hugin and Munin, Odin's crows , who brought him information.
- Angel Unaware: It's not outright stated, but very heavily implied that she is also from the "Old World," like the Jutul and Magne himself. Given her association with Wotan (see below), she may well be Frigga, Odin's wife, or possibly even Odin himself. One of the last shots of Season One implies she transformed into a raven and flew away from Magne's battle with Vidar. Season two identifies her a Völva, or seeress.